Did you know that you can contribute to improving culture in the tech industry?
You absolutely can, my love! Let’s talk about the practical things you can do daily to create an extraordinary culture that lifts everyone up.
This week, I invite Jen Paxton, VP of People at Smile, HR/recruitment leader, and co-founder of Jamyr, to talk about people operations and how to create better cultures. Whether you’re a leader or head of people (like Jen!), this episode is gold if you want to foster a great culture of feedback, build great communities, and have a team that is working FOR you rather than against you.
Ready to build connections and relationships with people that will serve you, your organization, and your leadership career?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- Jen’s career journey and passion for facilitating people ops in organizations
- Transitioning from a support role to becoming a founder – why now, and how she did it!
- The BIGGEST differentiator between tech and other industries when it comes to people operations
- What you can do to make a positive impact if you’re seeing toxicity play out in your workplace (and how to know if it’s time to leave)
- Jen’s TOP TIPS to improve the culture experience for your team
- How you can leverage the people ops department in your organization to uplevel your leadership
- Her BEST negotiation advice if you’re considering an offer right now (and why you want to leverage THIS)
- And more
- Find out more about today’s guest, Jen Paxton, and connect with her:
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Slack Community here.
If you are ready to uplevel your career, and get a boost (and a salary bump) by shortcutting your way to success, find out more about Toni’s Coaching at: https://tonicollis.com/workwithtoni
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni
Thank you for listening to the
Leading Women in Tech podcast
If you loved what you heard today, it would make my day if you could spare a minute to leave a review on iTunes. And because I value your time so much, each month one lucky reviewer will win a FREE Success Coaching session with yours truly.
(Need some help with how to leave a review? Check out my quick guide here.)