Is there a difference between management and leadership? Yes, my love! And how you navigate this difference and show up in your leadership career is massively important to have more influence and impact at work.
Let’s talk about crossing the chasm, moving from management into leadership!
In today’s episode, I invite engineering executive and cofounder of SheTO, Nidhi Gupta, to dive into this concept and talk to us about her extraordinary work in engineering and her passion for accelerating the careers and networks of women.
Ready for the tools you need to shift from simply managing your people to leading them powerfully and authentically?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- Nidhi’s career journey and the work she’s doing with engineering leaders
- 3 steps to moving across the chasm from management to leadership
- The pressure as women to show up 100% every day (is it the same for men?)
- Her take on the KEY differences between management and leadership
- How to evaluate your influence to make the shift from management to true leadership
- Why you need to become a salesperson (and how to do it without that icky feeling)
- Politics in the workplace, and some of the other unique challenges we face as women in leadership
- And more
- Find out more about today’s guest, Nidhi Gupta, and her work at She-TO:
- And check out Nidhi’s book recommendations:
- Need some help with your executive presence? Check out the mini course on Executive Presence here.
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Slack Community here.
If you are ready to uplevel your career, and get a boost (and a salary bump) by shortcutting your way to success, find out more about Toni’s Coaching at: https://tonicollis.com/workwithtoni
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni
Thank you for listening to
Leading Women in Tech podcast
If you loved what you heard today, it would make my day if you could spare a minute to leave a review on iTunes. And because I value your time so much, each month one lucky reviewer will win a FREE Success Coaching session with yours truly.