Are you a mentor or are you a champion?
Join us for the answer to that (and more!) as we kick off this year talking about careers, mentorship & upleveling your leadership!
In today’s episode, I invite tech leader & strategist, Bailey Showalter, to share her amazing insights on why women need to stop being mentors (I know it’s a little controversial, but stick with us!) and the real, tangible things that actually help people get hired into leadership roles.
Ready for the resume, mentorship & career transition goodies you need to make this year your best one yet?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- Bailey’s career journey and some powerful insights on what really helps people get hired
- Why you DO NOT have to start at the bottom of the ladder in your new role
- One of the hardest shifts to make as a leader – and why you need to do it
- How to shift THIS unhelpful trend in hiring to get a leg up on your competitors
- The pros and cons of mentoring & how to be a champion v. a mentor
- TOP TIPS for writing a better resume as a leader
- Bailey’s #1 piece of advice if you’re considering your next leadership career move this year
- And more
- Find out more about the 2023 Planning Challenge: https://tonicollis.com/plan2023
- Find out more about today’s guest, Bailey Showalter:
- Need help on your resume? Download the Women in Tech Leaders’ Resume Toolkit and training here.
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Slack Community here.
If you are ready to uplevel your career, and get a boost (and a salary bump) by shortcutting your way to success, find out more about Toni’s Coaching at: https://tonicollis.com/workwithtoni
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni