A lot of us have confidence when we’re young – to go for the goal, say the thing we’re thinking, and be who we are – but somewhere along the way (especially for young women) that assertiveness & confidence gets shut down.
So, how do we get that confidence back, navigate it without falling into the gender stereotype trap, and use it to become even better leaders?
Let’s talk assertiveness on this week’s show!
In today’s episode, I invite the amazing Courtney Johnston, SVP & Product Manager at Verituity, to share her passion for technology, product management, and leadership. We’re talking about what it means to be an assertive woman in tech and how you can navigate this in your career to uplevel your leadership, build better teams, and reach your goals!
Ready to learn more about assertiveness and its role in your executive presence?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- Courtney’s career journey and why a small company with a great culture is so important to her
- The connection between your physical presence & your leadership (and how this has shifted with more remote work environments)
- Her BEST advice for solving problems that other people are NOT seeing!
- How assertiveness & executive presence are linked
- One of the apparent differences between being assertive & aggressive (and why we need to shut this down!)
- How confidence, presence & gender stereotypes play a role in building thriving teams
- Courtney’s FAVORITE networking tip
- And more
- Find out more about today’s guest, Courtney Johnston, and her work at Verituity:
- Sign up and join The Plan2023 Sparkle Workshop https://tonicollis.com/plan2023.
- Interested in becoming a qualified coach? Check out Coach Academy:
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Slack Community here.
If you are ready to uplevel your career, and get a boost (and a salary bump) by shortcutting your way to success, find out more about Toni’s Coaching at: https://tonicollis.com/workwithtoni
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni