Does a toxic work environment have you questioning your career? Have a racist or sexist boss? Do you want to do something about it, but not sure where to start?
I wish there weren’t a need to tackle this, my love! But it’s so important as women in tech that we know how to protect ourselves.
Let’s talk about access to legal services in your career and what you need to know about your workplace rights.
In today’s episode, I invite my friend, Danae Shell, co-founder and CEO of Valla, to share her nuggets of wisdom on sorting workplace issues (even if you don’t have money for a lawyer!) and how to understand your own rights so you can have more choice in your career.
Ready to feel empowered to tackle any workplace issue?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- Helping women & marginalized groups access legal services in their careers
- Some powerful examples of Valla’s tools to help you stand up to a toxic boss
- Discrimination First Aid – and how this training can help you
- The 3 stages of sorting through a toxic workplace issue
- Advice on your next step if you are experiencing a toxic work environment
- And so much more
- Find out all about Danae, her work at Valla and Discrimination First Aid:
- Connect with Danae on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/danaeyshell/
- Check out Valla: https://valla.law
- Discrimination First Aid training https://valla.uk/discrimination-first-aid-training
- Book: The Good Ally by Nova Reid (Get it at Waterstones here or at Barnes & Noble here)
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Slack Community here.
If you are ready to uplevel your career, and get a boost (and a salary bump) by shortcutting your way to success, find out more about Toni’s Coaching at: https://tonicollis.com/workwithtoni
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni
Thank you for listening to the
Leading Women in Tech podcast
If you loved what you heard today, it would make my day if you could spare a minute to leave a review on iTunes. And because I value your time so much, each month one lucky reviewer will win a FREE Success Coaching session with yours truly.
(Need some help with how to leave a review? Check out my quick guide here.)