Whether you’re the one being laid off or you’re the leader given the task of laying off team members – this will definitely be a stressful time. But don’t worry my love, because there are ways to navigate this situation with confidence & grace, no matter what side you’re on!
Let’s talk about the two sides of layoffs, the tools you need to navigate them effectively, and what you can do afterward to keep momentum in your career.
In today’s episode, I’m sharing my favorite tools & tips around the layoff process, what you should avoid, how to manage the harder bits, and the most important ways you can pick yourself up so you can treat this as a growth moment in your career.
Ready to find a path forward after a layoff?
Let’s go to the show!
I dive into:
- Handling layoffs effectively, from both sides!
- How to deal with the initial news so you don’t make things worse
- What to be especially cautious about as a leader during this time
- Practical tips for having the layoff conversation as the manager
- Important steps to take AFTER the layoffs
- My favorite tools to help you pick yourself up after being laid off (you’re not alone, my love!)
- And more
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Slack Community here.
- If you are ready to uplevel your career, get unstuck or you are simply ready to unlock those leadership time-management techniques then join us in my monthly career & leadership coaching program exclusively for women in tech: https://www.tonicollis.com/academy
- Check us out on Youtube: https://youtu.be/MGZ-Q-Yxmk8
- Join the Leading Women in Tech community in Slack where we discuss all-the-things for women’s tech leadership, covering everything from early-career leadership to C-level executives.
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni