Whether you’re preparing to go on maternity leave, you’re currently on leave, or you’re getting ready to return to work – it’s normal to feel a bit of overwhelm, or even panic. (But it doesn’t have to be that way, my love!)
Let’s talk about some of the best ways you can support yourself as a new parent in the workplace.
In today’s episode, Rachel Morris, maternity coach and founding partner of Motion Learning, joins me to discuss parenting, the world of work, and how to mesh the two. We discuss navigating the 3 phases of becoming a new mother in the workplace, and the helpful & actionable tips you need to set yourself up for a successful return to work.
Ready to treat this as a new start that will actually set you up for the lit-up career you dream of?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- The 3 phases of becoming a new parent in the workplace – and navigating them to set yourself up for success!
- Why Rachel suggests you treat your return to work as a new start
- Her TOP TIPS for staying in control of your career during your time off
- Cultural pressures around returning to work after having a baby
- Advice to help you make the case to get parental coaching in your workplace
- And more
A huge thank you to our guest Rachel for sponsoring this episode!
- Connect with today’s guest and sponsor, Rachel Morris:
- Check out Rachel’s recent read: Dare to be Fair by Amanda Redman
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Slack Community here.
- If you are ready to uplevel your career, get unstuck or you are simply ready to unlock those leadership time-management techniques then join us in my monthly career & leadership coaching program exclusively for women in tech: https://www.tonicollis.com/academy
- Check us out on Youtube: https://youtu.be/MGZ-Q-Yxmk8
- Join the Leading Women in Tech community in Slack where we discuss all-the-things for women’s tech leadership, covering everything from early-career leadership to C-level executives.
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni