Does it feel like there’s only one path to landing your dream role? (hint: there are actually many, my love!)
Let’s talk about becoming a technical leader with the skills that actually light you up!
In today’s episode, I invite Global Information Security Leader & coach, Schlaine Hutchins, to share her unique journey into cybersecurity and how she became a tech leader – without learning to code! We dive into self-doubt & self-belief, managing vs. leading, and how to be better allies to women of color while creating our own unique paths to success.
Ready to carve your own way to tech leadership?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- Schlaine’s unique career journey to cybersecurity leadership
- How you could be restricting your own career path – and what to do instead!
- Normalizing self-doubt and working towards more self-belief in your life and career
- The difference between management and leadership – and why we need both
- Inclusivity in the tech industry & how we can be better allies
- #1 piece of advice if you’re looking to pivot in your career
- And more
- Connect with today’s guest, Schlaine Hutchins:
Schlaine’s current read: Parable of the Talents by Octavia E. Butler
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Slack Community here.
- If you are ready to uplevel your career, get unstuck or you are simply ready to unlock those leadership time-management techniques then join us in my monthly career & leadership coaching program exclusively for women in tech: https://www.tonicollis.com/academy
- Check us out on Youtube: https://youtu.be/MGZ-Q-Yxmk8
- Join the Leading Women in Tech community in Slack where we discuss all-the-things for women’s tech leadership, covering everything from early-career leadership to C-level executives.
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni