Inheriting an underperforming team member is definitely a challenge, but don’t be discouraged – it is manageable!
Let’s talk about what to do when you inherit an underperformer.
In today’s episode, I’m diving into this true leadership topic and giving you my TOP TIPS for effectively managing your new team member so you can do what is best for your team and organization.
Ready to explore some performance improvement tools and the skills you need to make the best leadership decisions possible?
Let’s go to the show!
I dive into:
- The MOST IMPORTANT things you need to know about inheriting an underperformer
- Tackling problems quickly with your new team member
- Dealing with gossip and holding off judgment
- The importance of the observation stage & why documenting everything is vital
- My TOP TIPS for an effective PIP (performance improvement plan) – and why this needs to be a last resort!
- How to know if exiting the team member is the next necessary step
- And more
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Slack Community here.
- If you are ready to uplevel your career, get unstuck or you are simply ready to unlock those leadership time-management techniques then join us in my monthly career & leadership coaching program exclusively for women in tech: https://www.tonicollis.com/academy
- Check us out on Youtube: https://youtu.be/MGZ-Q-Yxmk8
- Join the Leading Women in Tech community in Slack where we discuss all-the-things for women’s tech leadership, covering everything from early-career leadership to C-level executives.
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni