Is it possible to find success and be happy at the same time? As high-achieving women in tech, there are a lot of extra hurdles to finding success, but if we aren’t finding satisfaction along the way – we are missing the point!
In today’s episode, I invite executive, career coach, and author, Terry B. McDougall, to talk all about finding success AND happiness as a high-achieving woman in a male-dominated industry. We discuss some of the major things that could be holding you back from true success and how to break through that glass ceiling by tapping into your own unique and authentic leadership.
Ready to get more thoughtful and strategic about the moves that you’re making in your career?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- One of the MOST VALUABLE pieces of career advice Terry has ever received
- The specific behaviors you need to cultivate to show up as your authentic self in your leadership role (without becoming “one of the boys”!)
- Why it is so common for high-achieving women to be successful but NOT satisfied (and what to do about it!)
- How the habit of delaying gratification could be playing a negative role in your career progression
- The true opportunity cost of doing something that is not your highest value work
- Terry’s BIGGEST tip for working through negative thinking in your life and career
- And so much more!
If you are ready to uplevel your career, and get a boost (and a salary bump) by shortcutting your way to success, find out more about Toni’s Coaching at:
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni
Find out more about Terry and her work at:
Connect on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/terrybmcdougall
Download a free chapter of Terry’s Book at www.tinyurl.com/gameofworkbook
Catch the show notes, and more details about today’s episode here: https://tonicollis.com/episode43
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/leadingwomenintech/
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12391391/
Thank you for listening to the
Leading Women in Tech podcast
If you loved what you heard today, it would make my day if you could spare a minute to leave a review on iTunes. And because I value your time so much, each month one lucky reviewer will win a FREE Success Coaching session with yours truly.
(Need some help with how to leave a review? Check out my quick guide here.)